Editorial Intern, Oregon Bride magazine.
Portland, Oregon. January 2012-Current.
- Write entries for Oregon Bride social media and blog.
- Fact-check the Reception Guide and other articles.
- Research fashion and bridal trends and report to editor.
Public Relations assistant, author and workshop leader Nan Phifer.
Eugene, Oregon. September 2011-Current.
- Write and send out press releases to associations, libraries, conferences and more for Nan Phifer’s writing workshops across the country.
- Promote Memoirs of the Soul: A Writing Guide through advertising set up and design, book review inquiries, and social media updates.
Intern, Ruralite Magazine.
Forest Grove, Oregon. June-August 2011.
- Write and photograph stories, travel to rural areas in the Northwest, proofread content and design layout.
Associate Editor, Flux Magazine.
University of Oregon. Spring 2010, Winter & Spring 2011.
- Guide three writers on several stories for print and online, edit and fact-check content, and communicate with Managing Editor.
Associate Editor, Ethos Magazine.
Eugene, Oregon. Fall 2010-Spring 2011.
- Organize, edit and assist writer, photographer, and designer for two story groups each term.
Editorial Intern, Beaverton Valley Times.
Beaverton, OR. Summer 2009 & 2010.
- Develop story ideas, report on community issues, write features and opinion pieces, and occasionally photograph events.
Bachelor of Arts–University of Oregon
Majored in Magazine Journalism, minor in Anthropology
Grade Point Average (out of 4.0): 3.5
Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Final Cut Pro